Wales is unique in the UK as the Government of Wales Act 2006 places the promotion of sustainable development at the heart of the Welsh Assembly Government’s work. Wales is one of only three countries in the world to have such a statutory duty. The government’s emphasis is to develop Wales, as a small, smart nation, in ways which contribute sustainably to people’s economic, social and environmental wellbeing.
The Landscape Institute Wales will continue to ensure the profession is connected to sustainable infrastructure policy wherever it is able. The committee will aim to:-
- Maintain effective communication between the committee and the membership.
- Ensure committee structure is flexible to allow succession planning.
- Devise a directory of key contacts within the professions across Wales.
- Continue to actively support the Regeneration Skills Collective Wales.
- Build stronger links to adjacent branches and the devolved nations.
- Ensure the Landscape Institute Wales responds to appropriate government policy and professional issues – devolved and non devolved matters.
- Plan a series of events relevant to members, which focus on key topics.
- Support the LI to provide appropriate CPD.
- Promote and support the P2C in Wales.